Here’s the rehearsal schedule for the day of the concert (Thursday 15th December). Please make a note of when you are needed and make sure you have your instrument/music in school with you on that day. The rehearsals will take place in the hall unless stated otherwise.
Your teachers will know why you are absent from lessons that day, but it is your responsibility to find out what you missed and catch up.
Usual lunch rehearsals will take place up until the concert.
Here are some things you need to know about the concert itself:
- The concert is at 6.30pm in the Hall. It will be finished by 9pm.
- You need to wear all black. Not blue, not brown, not patterned, and no big logos. If you want to wear a bit of tinsel etc. on yourself or on your instrument, go for it.
- Tickets are £5 on the door for adults or pay via ParentPay. Under 18s and senior citizens are free.
- The music classrooms will be available for coats, instrument cases etc. Please arrive in enough time to warm up and get organised.
- When the concert is in progress, you must not hang out in the classrooms or corridors. You need to be in the Hall being a supportive, considerate, appreciative member of the audience who shows awareness of performance etiquette which includes not moving around or making a noise during the music.
- Any questions, please ask.
All music clubs will start up again after the Christmas holiday.
Please click here to be taken to the Musical Theatre page. Here you’ll find links to this term’s pieces so you can sing along at home when practising.
Please click here to be taken to the Concert Band page. Here you’ll find links to this term’s pieces so you can play along at home when practising.
Hayes Harmonies: click here
Hamilton trip reviews in the school newsletter
Thanks again to everyone who wrote a review.
Musical Theatre news
Behind the scenes footage from the new Matilda film:
Year 7 Music Concert
Click here to read the full article.
Read the full Guardian article here.